HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Facebook's new data center in Huntsville is slated to go online in 2020. But they have to build it first, and they're looking for help.
The company posted a hiring announcement for construction workers. Those interested in contact may contact the general contractor, Holder Construction Group, through its Facebook page.
Those interested in subcontracting packages may contact Stephanie Crawford at Holder Construction at email@example.com.
Awarded subcontractors include:
C.M. Steel, York, SC - Steel
- Dunn Building Company, Birmingham, AL - PEMB (Construction Offices)
- Hayward Backer, Alpharetta, GA - Ground Improvements
- MMC Contractors National, Kansas City, MO - Mechanical
- Phillips & Jordan, Zephyrhills, FL - Sitework/Site Utilities
- Starbelt Electric (Partnership between Marathon Electrical Contractors and Gaylor Electric), Homewood, AL - Electrical
"It's not just the announcement of however many people will work there once it's open. It's all it will take to build it. And all of the companies in town that do construction, that do siding, that do flooring, foundation work, you know, all of those different angles are needed to build the structure. We have all kinds of things going up around Huntsville," said Claire Aiello of the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce. "It is a really great time to be here. And if it's not this project, there are lots of others people are needed for and companies are needed for. So there's a big push for construction jobs right now because there is a lot of need for people to build things."
Career openings can be found through Facebook's careers page.
Copyright 2018 WAFF. All rights reserved.