Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected after two bodies found near Albertville
ALBERTVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Police are investigating after two people were found dead in a car just outside of Albertville on Tuesday.
Albertville police say there was no sign of alcohol or drugs in the car at the time, but they believe carbon monoxide is behind the deaths.
Albertville police received a call to the 5100 block of Rose Road at about noon Tuesday. Two bodies were found inside a car just outside the residence where one of the two young men lived.
Police say the grandparents of one of the two became concerned when they had not heard from him in a few days.
Police believe the bodies have been there since late Friday night or early Saturday morning.
They've been identified as 23-year-old Colby Lang and 22-year-old Shelton Box.
Police believe it's a typical case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
"There's no signs of anything. The switch was on in the car like they had just been sitting there talking or asleep or whatever the case may have been. No obvious injuries to either one of them. The windows were rolled up," said Assistant Chief Jamie Smith.
Smith said toxicology and blood gas tests will be done to help determine an exact cause of death.
Copyright 2016 WAFF. All rights reserved.