Federal lawsuit filed against tractor-trailer company in I-565 fatal collision
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - A federal lawsuit was filed against a tractor trailer company and its driver Albert Villearreal for the death of a 31-year-old woman on February 12.
The estate of Jamila Kanika Davis of Savannah, Georgia is suing the tractor trailer company and their driver for the death of Davis.
Police say Davis was killed in the fatal collision on I-565.Madison police responded to a collision on I-565 west of Wall Triana Highway on Feb. 12. The collision involved a tractor-trailer and another vehicle.
Officers said the tractor-trailer had been traveling west on I-565, left the roadway, and went into the eastbound lane, hitting another vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle, Davis, died on the scene from her injuries.
The charges listed in the lawsuit are:
- Negligence/Wantonness – Defendant Villearreal
- Negligence/Wantonness – Defendant New Prime
- Gross Negligence/Wantonness – Defendants Villearreal and New Prime
- Negligent Hiring, Training and Supervision – Defendant New Prime
- Agency Defendant – New Prime) and (Combined and Concurring Negligence
Copyright 2016 WAFF. All rights reserved.