34 arrested in Etowah County during domestic violence warrant sweep
ETOWAH COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - Thirty-four Etowah County men and women were arrested on warrants for family violence and non-payment of child support during a warrant sweep.
According to the Etowah County Sheriff's Office, officers attempted to serve 107 arrest warrants, leading to the arrest of the 34.
The types of warrants served include:
- Domestic Violence Crimes (Harassment, Assault, Criminal Mistreatment, etc.)
- Non-Support (Child Support)
- Interfering with Making 911 Calls, Obstruction of Telephone Service, or Crimes Relating to a Victim Calling 911
- Restraining Order Violations
- Stalking Order Violations
- Domestic Violence Release Agreement Violations or Bail Bond Violations
- Child Abuse Crimes
- Elder Abuse Crimes
This is the 13th year of the domestic violence warrant sweep. Twenty-eight officers from the Etowad County Sheriff's Office, Drug Enforcement Unit and Gadsden Police Department participated in the sweep.
Copyright 2015 WAFF. All rights reserved.