1 flown to hospital after awaking to fire

Published: Dec. 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM CST|Updated: Jan. 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
One person was taken to the hospital after a fire in Albertville Wednesday afternoon. (Source:...
One person was taken to the hospital after a fire in Albertville Wednesday afternoon. (Source: WAFF)
Albertville fire (Source: WAFF)
Albertville fire (Source: WAFF)
Fire at Albertville home (Source: WAFF)
Fire at Albertville home (Source: WAFF)

ALBERTVILLE, AL (WAFF) - One person was taken to the hospital after a fire in Albertville Wednesday afternoon.

It happened at around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

The home owner smelled smoke and pulled his friend who was sleeping in a bedroom out of the house.

The friend was taken to Marshall Medical Center by ambulance.

Albertville Fire Department said the patient was flown to a second hospital.

The homeowner thinks the fire was started by a cigarette.

Two pets inside the home perished. The building is considered a total loss.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.