HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - With the holidays upon us, there will be plenty of family-time, traveling, and, of course, shopping.
Whether traveling to family members' homes or traveling to the nearest mall, there are ways to ensure safety for you and other drivers.
The Madison Police Department gave some tips to remind travelers to be safe when beginning Christmas shopping.
Because of sales and store deals, traffic will increase near shopping centers.
It's important to drive with caution and there are several easy ways to do that.
- Eliminate distractions like cell phones, radio, iPads.
- Don't drive bumper to bumper even in slow moving traffic.
- Make a plan when shopping in several areas so you won't have to double back.
- Use signals when turning into shopping centers, even from block to block.
- Stay alert to the environment and other drivers around you.
Be sure to be courteous of other drivers and shoppers to ensure safety of all. Road rage is never the answer, and those few minutes you might lose from allowing someone to get in front of you won't stop you from getting great deals on gifts for your loved ones!