Madison Co. Sheriff retains office following Tuesday vote
MADISON COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - Republican Blake Dorning was re-elected for the fourth time Tuesday.
He faced off against Democratic challenger, Tim Clardy.
Clardy has never held public office, but has more than 30 years experience in law enforcement. His platform was on curbing drug use in schools and reducing traffic fatalities.
Dorning said his goals include hiring more deputies and improving technology. He expressed his gratitude to continue working for Madison County.
"This is home," Dorning said. "This has always been my home. I'm just very thankful. I am very blessed to be a part of it."
Other Madison County races on the ballot:
- Tax assessor: Cliff Mann was declared the winner
- Tax collector: Lynda Hall leads
- Coroner: Bobby Berryhill leads
- License Director: Mark Craig leads
- Board of Education - Mary Stowe leads
Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.