Man burned during flash fire in Hazel Green
A was burned in a flash fire that occurred outside of a car at a house on Whispering Winds in Hazel Green Wednesday.
It happened at approximately 3:30 a.m.
Madison County Fire Marshall, Bobby Rollins, stated that the man was working on a vehicle and got gas or oil on himself. It is unclear at this time what ignited the fire.
The man was taken to Hazel Green High School where medflight set up a landing zone.
Medflight transferred the man to UAB Hospital's burn unit, were he is still in critical condition.
Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.