Advertisement

3 hospitalized after carbon monoxide scare at restaurant

Published: Sep. 15, 2014 at 9:29 PM CDT|Updated: Oct. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Crews turned off the gas to the building and used fans to air out the business. (Source: WAFF)
Crews turned off the gas to the building and used fans to air out the business. (Source: WAFF)

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - A total of three people had to be hospitalized after a carbon monoxide buildup at a Huntsville restaurant.

It happened just before 8 a.m. Monday at the Breugger's on Cecil Ashburn Drive.

Firefighters used an air monitoring meter with a carbon monoxide sensor and found high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

We're told a hood ventilating system was not working. Crews turned off the gas to the building and used fans to air out the business.

Two people went to the hospital Monday morning; a third received treatment Sunday night.

Huntsville firefighters want to make sure everyone knows the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The gas is odorless and colorless.

Symptoms include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and dizziness.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal. It's a good idea to make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home or business.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.