The top-seeded Houston Cougars (31-3) and the No. 16 Northern Kentucky Norse (22-12) will meet on Thursday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Houston is favored by 18.5 points in the opening round matchup, which begins at 9:20 PM on TNT. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 1-16 matchup. The matchup has an over/under of 121.5.
Houston vs. Northern Kentucky Odds & Info
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 9:20 PM ET
- TV: TNT
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Houston vs Northern Kentucky Betting Records & Stats
- The Cougars have a 16-15-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, Houston has won nine of its 10 games, or 90%, when favored by at least -5000 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 98% chance of a victory for the Cougars.
- Northern Kentucky has gone 14-15-0 ATS this season.
- The Norse have yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +1400.
- Northern Kentucky has an implied victory probability of 6.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
Houston vs. Northern Kentucky Over/Under Stats
||Games Over 121.5
||% of Games Over 121.5
||Combined Average PPG
||Average Opponent PPG
||Combined Average Opponent PPG
Additional Houston vs Northern Kentucky Insights & Trends
- Houston has gone 9-1 in its last 10 contests, with a 3-7 record against the spread in that span.
- The Cougars have hit the over in four of their past 10 contests.
- Northern Kentucky is 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 contests.
- In their past 10 games, the Norse have gone over the total four times.
- The Cougars score 11.4 more points per game (75) than the Norse give up (63.6).
- When Houston totals more than 63.6 points, it is 15-10 against the spread and 27-1 overall.
- The Norse score 11.7 more points per game (68.2) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (56.5).
- When it scores more than 56.5 points, Northern Kentucky is 12-11 against the spread and 18-8 overall.
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Houston vs. Northern Kentucky Betting Splits
||ATS Record Against 18.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Houston vs. Northern Kentucky Home/Away Splits
||Home ATS Record
||Away ATS Record
||Points Scored Per Game (Home)
||Points Scored Per Game (Away)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Home)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Away)
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.