Semmes man charged after attempting break-in, flees in own vehicle in Shoals pursuit
RUSSELLVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - A Semmes man has been charged after attempting to break into a vehicle and then left the scene in his own vehicle on a police pursuit from Russellville to Moulton Monday morning.
Russellville Police say they were dispatched to a business for a call of a man, Aaron Davis, 39-years-old, attempting to force entry to a vehicle that was occupied by a woman. Once officers arrived at the scene, Davis then fled in his own vehicle.
Officers said a vehicle pursuit was then initiated going into Colbert County and Lawrence County, ending in Moulton. This pursuit reached speeds of 120 mph.
Davis was taken into custody for the following charges:
- Attempted Theft of property first-degree
- Felony Attempting to elude law enforcement
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of marijuana second-degree
- Possession of drug paraphernalia first offense
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Driving under the influence
Russellville Police, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office, and Moulton Police provided assistance in the pursuit.
Click Here to Subscribe on YouTube: Watch the latest WAFF 48 news, sports & weather videos on our YouTube channel!
Copyright 2023 WAFF. All rights reserved.