12th annual Medication Take-Back event to take place
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - National Prescription Drug Take-Back day is Saturday, Oct. 29, and the community of Madison County is holding its own Medication-Take-Back event in the area.
The purpose of the event is for anyone that has medications they do not need. If you are one of these people you can drop off the medications at any of the following locations between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.:
- Huntsville Public Safety Complex, 815 Wheeler Ave.
- Madison City Hall, 100 Hughes Road
- CVS - Meridianville at 12275 U.S. 231
- Huntsville Police Department South Precinct, 7900 Bailey Cove Road SE
- Huntsville Police Department North Precinct, 715 Wheeler Ave.
- Alabama A&M Department of Public Safety, 453 Campus Road
- Madison Police Department, 100 Hughes Road
- Medical Mall Pharmacy, 1963 S. Memorial Parkway
- Hunnington Pharmacy, 11220 S. Memorial Parkway
- CVS Pharmacy, 2212 Whitesburg Drive
- Propst Discount Drugs, 717 Pratt Ave.
- Star Market Discount Pharmacy - Huntsville, 7900 Bailey Cove Road
- Star Market Discount Pharmacy - Huntsville, 704 Pratt Ave.
- Star Markey Discount Pharmacy - Madison, 8020 U.S. 72 W
- Star Markey Discount Pharmacy - Meridianville, 12078 U.S. 231
- Sure Save Pharmacy, 30694 U.S. 72 W
- Walgreens, 7813 U.S. 72
More than 30,000 pounds of outdated/unwanted prescription and over-the-counter medications have been collected at community take-back events since it started in Sept. 2010.
Anyone can participate to make an impact on the opioid epidemic in Madison County.
Copyright 2022 WAFF. All rights reserved.