Dog dies in Baltimore Hill Road house fire sparked by space heater

Five residents of the home safely escaped the flames
WAFF's Megan Plotka reporting
Published: Oct. 27, 2022 at 5:25 AM CDT|Updated: Oct. 27, 2022 at 7:29 AM CDT

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - A space heater sparked an early morning house fire near Meridianville on Thursday.

Units with the Meridianville Fire, Moores Mill Fire, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Huntsville Emergency Services responded to the Baltimore Hill Road scene around 5 a.m. on October 27.

According to the Deputy Fire Chief of Moores Mill Fire, five people lived in the residence. All residents in the home at the time made it out safely. One dog did not make it out of the home and died in the fire.

Shortly after 6 a.m., fire officials confirmed the fire is contained and crews are continuing to search for hot spots.

WAFF's Megan Plotka reporting