Bob Jones alum named to All-Freshman team
Dylan Ray becomes first All-Freshman selection since 2016
Published: May. 23, 2022 at 10:51 PM CDT
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - Alabama’s Dylan Ray was selected to the 2022 Freshman All-Southeastern Conference Baseball Team, the league office announced Wednesday morning.
Ray is Alabama’s first selection on the Freshman All-SEC Team since Chandler Taylor in 2016. Zane Denton and Peyton Wilson were named to the Newcomer All-SEC Team in 2021, a category that was created to recognize then-sophomores for their play as freshmen in 2020 along with their efforts in 2021.
- Developed a role as Alabama’s closer in his first season of active duty at the Capstone
- Has appeared in 15 games totaling 27.1 innings of work
- Totaled 43 strikeouts compared to 14 walks and is limiting opposing hitters to a .208 average
- His 43 strikeouts lead all Alabama relievers and are good for fourth overall on the team
- Leads the Crimson Tide with six saves on the season to tie for sixth in the SEC
Copyright 2022 WAFF. All rights reserved.