Alabama Department of Public Health introduces COVID-19 vaccine initiative
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - The Alabama Department of Public Health introduced a COVID-19 vaccine initiative on Thursday at 11 a.m. ahead of the 2021 college football season.
President and CEO, Bruno Event Team Gene Hallman and State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris provided more information on the initiative during a press conference.
The Alabama Department of Public Health has partnered with Bruno Event Team to launch the “KICK COVID” vaccination and testing campaign.
According to ADPH, the campaign promotes vaccinations and education on vaccine efficacy by leveraging Alabama’s passion for college football.
“This is a tremendous opportunity to utilize the power of college football as a platform for promoting the need to get vaccinated,” said Bruno Event Team CEO Gene Hallman. “The 2020 season was lacking the passion that comes from large crowds cheering for their favorite team. We need to do everything possible to ensure players and fans can safely return to stadiums to experience college football as we know and love it.”
Participating schools and dates include (subject to change):
- University of West Alabama vs. North American University, September 16
- Jacksonville State University vs. University of North Alabama, September 18
- University of South Alabama vs. Alcorn State University, September 18
- Alabama State University vs. Bethune-Cookman University, September 25
- Auburn University vs. Georgia State University, September 25
- Miles College vs. Central State University, September 25
- Samford University vs. East Tennessee State University, September 25
- University of Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi, September 25
- Tuskegee University vs. Edward Waters College, October 2
- UAB vs. Liberty University, October 2
- University of North Alabama vs. Campbell University, October 2
- Alabama A&M University vs. Jackson State University, October 9
- Troy University vs. Liberty University, October 9
For more information click here.
Watch the full briefing below:
Copyright 2021 WAFF. All rights reserved.