26 gambling machines seized in Decatur raid
DECATUR, Ala. (WAFF) - More than a dozen people were arrested when police raided an illegal gambling spot in Decatur on Wednesday.
Decatur police recovered 26 gambling machines, three firearms, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and over $20,000 when they searched a facility on 21st Avenue SW. Police served a search warrant at the residence after receiving numerous tips about illegal gambling taking place there.
A total of seventeen people were also arrested during the search.
Police did not say how long the gambling has been taking place or who was behind the makeshift casino. They tell us this is an ongoing investigation and more charges are expected.
Those who were arrested were booked into the Morgan County Correctional Facility on the following charges:
- Keithan Swoopes: Promoting Gambling and Switched Tag - $600 bond
- Perez Foster: Promoting Gambling, Marijuana II, Loitering, FTA warrants x4 - $2,900 bond
- Renardo Aldridge: Promoting Gambling and Marijuana II - $600 bond
- Tonya Billings: Loitering, Illegal Possession of Prohibited Liquor and Carrying a Pistol w/o a Permit - $900 bond
- Cordarrell Mason: Loitering and FTA warrants x3 - $1,800 bond
- Desmond Aldridge: Loitering and Marijuana II - $600
- Tara Dillard: Loitering - $300
- Mary Patrica: Loitering - $300
- Vaita Jones: Loitering - $300
- Gladis Alba: Loitering - $300
- Jaquez Scruggs: Loitering - $300
- Walter Orr: Loitering - $300
- Jose Sanchez: Loitering - $300
- Donna Moore: Loitering - $300
- Antwan Fuqua: Loitering - $300
- Martez Jackson: Loitering - $300
- Jurion Dajuan Johnson: Loitering - $300
Copyright 2021 WAFF. All rights reserved.