House fire reported in Madison

House fire reported in Madison
A fire broke out at a home on Hughes Road just before 8 p.m. (Source: Associated Press)

MADISON, Ala. (WAFF) - Emergency crews responded to a house fire in Madison Wednesday night.

Officials say a fire broke out around the back of a house on Hughes Road just before 8 p.m. The fire eventually made its way up to the attic.

Emergency crews say no people or animals were inside of the home when the fire happened.

The fire caused significant damage to the back of the house.

Copyright 2021 WAFF. All rights reserved.