Dates, locations set for Alabama National Guard COVID-19 vaccination clinics
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The locations of the Alabama National Guard’s mobile vaccination clinics are being announced, according to Gov. Kay Ivey’s office.
The clinics will be held in 24 rural counties and will start on March 23 with teams rotating through each county.
The clinics will be held as follows:
Rural Mobile Vaccination Clinics: Week One
*Due to the nature of the mission, there will likely be adjustments made. Should any locations change, the ADPH and partnering agencies will provide any updates.
March 23: Covington & Sumter counties
- Kiwanis Building: 2085 Kiwanis Drive, Andalusia, AL 36420 (Covington)
- Jaycee Park: Hopkins Street, Livingston, AL 35470 (Sumter)
March 24: Coffee & Greene counties
- Enterprise Civic Center: 2401 Neil Metcalf Road, Enterprise, AL 36330 (Coffee)
- Greenetrack: 524 County Road 208, Eutaw, AL 35462 (Greene)
March 25: Dale & Hale counties
- Ozark Civic Center: 320 East College Street, Ozark, AL 36360 (Dale)
- Boys & Girls Club (Old National Guard Armory): 515 Greene Street, Greensboro, AL 36744 (Hale)
March 26: Henry & Perry counties
- Calvary Baptist Church: 310 Dothan Road, Abbeville, AL 36310 (Henry)
- Marion Military Institute (Perry)
Rural Mobile Vaccination Clinics: Week Two
March 30: Dallas & Lowndes counties
- Bloch Park: 108 Dallas Avenue, Selma, AL 36701 (Dallas)
- Old National Guard Armory: 5 Gilmer Hills Road, Fort Deposit, AL 36032 (Lowndes)
March 31: Bullock & Choctaw counties
- Union Springs Elementary School: 211 Conecuh Avenue West, Union Springs, AL 36089 (Bullock)
- Heritage Church of God: 161 Main Street, Gilbertown, AL 36908 (Choctaw)
April 1: Macon & Marengo counties
- ALNG Armory: 1101 Chappie James Avenue, Tuskegee, AL 36083 (Macon)
- Old ALNG Armory Maintenance Shop: 2420 Alabama Highway 28 East, Linden, AL 36748 (Marengo)
April 2: Russell & Wilcox counties
- Chattahoochee Valley CC: 2602 College Drive, Phenix City, AL 36869 (Russell)
- Wilcox Central High School: 1310 T.L. Threadgill Road, Camden, AL 36726 (Wilcox)
Rural Mobile Vaccination Clinics: Week Three
April 6: Butler & Conecuh counties
- Southside Baptist Church: 211 King Street, Greenville, AL 36037 (Butler)
- Liberty Hills Shopping Center: 78 Liberty Hill Place, Evergreen, AL 36401 (Conecuh)
April 7: Crenshaw & Monroe counties
- Tom Harbin Farm Center: 816 Airport Road, Luverne, AL 36049 (Crenshaw)
- Monroe County High School: 212 Tiger Drive, Monroeville, AL 36460 (Monroe)
April 8: Clarke & Pike counties
- SP Hudson Park: 115 Park Street, Grove Hill, AL 36451 (Clarke)
- Sportsplex: 701 Enzor Road, Troy, AL 36079 (Pike)
April 9: Barbour & Washington counties
- Baker Hill School: 24 School House Road, Eufaula, AL 36027 (Barbour)
- 111 River Road (Just off Hwy. 43), McIntosh, AL 36553 (Washington)
All rural mobile vaccination clinics will operate 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are open to all eligible Alabamians, free of charge.
While these distribution efforts are ongoing, the ADPH will provide all of the up-to-date details, including the specific clinic sites and other logistic information on their website. In the instance of severe weather and other similar circumstances, ADPH and partnering agencies will provide any and all updates.
At this time, appointments are not required. Individuals are asked to wear a mask.
“Being from rural Alabama myself, ensuring folks in those counties have an easy way to get their COVID-19 vaccine is important to me. I am proud that our guardsmen stand willing to help our great state in any way, especially as we look to put this virus in our rearview mirror,” Gov. Ivey said. “I encourage everyone eligible to take advantage of this great resource, and please remain patient as we continue working to get our hands on as many doses as we are able from the federal government. Be sure to help get the word out to your family, friends and neighbors!”
The ALNG is capable of fielding two mobile vaccination teams with a capacity of at least 1,000 vaccinations per site, per day (Tuesday - Friday), for a total of 8,000 doses each week. The Alabama Department of Public Health, local emergency management officials and law enforcement will also provide support.
Copyright 2021 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.