HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - Governor Kay Ivey held a joint news conference Thursday with State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris.
Things that change:
- Entertainment venues such as bowling alleys, theaters, and arcades may open subject to social distancing guidelines.
- Athletic activities are allowed to begin subject to social distancing. Practices can begin May 23. Competitions can begin June 15.
- Educational institutes are allowed to open June 1 subject to social distancing guidelines.
- Child day care facilities may open subject to social distancing guidelines.
- Summer camps may open subject to social distancing guidelines.
Things that stay the same:
- Individuals are encouraged to stay home and follow good sanitation practices.
- Employers may open subject to sanitation and social distancing guidelines.
- Medical procedures are allowed unless State Health Officer notes otherwise.
- Senior Citizen Centers will still suspend regular programming except meals at this time.
- Hospitals and Nursing homes should still restrict visitation at this time.
- Non-work gatherings should still maintain social distancing guidelines at this time.
- Beaches are open with no limit on gatherings as long as social distancing is followed.