Space heater apparently ignites Harvest house fire

Space heater apparently ignites Harvest house fire

HARVEST, AL (WAFF) - A house fire broke out in Harvest Saturday afternoon.

The Red Cross was called in to help the five people who now have to find a new home.

this happened on Populus Drive near Wall Triana.

Harvest Fire Chief Tim Westwick said no people or pets were inside at the time, and no one was injured.

He said it appears that a space heater sparked the fire.

“Apparently he had a space heater with a blanket draped over it. We’re still investigating. There was no one home we’re very thankful for that,” Westwick said.

Westwick said it took about 15 minutes to put the fire out.

Copyright 2019 WAFF. All rights reserved.