HARTSELLE, AL (WAFF) - An almost 20-year veteran with the Hartselle Police Department has been appointed acting police chief.
In a unanimous vote, the City Council selected Lt. Justin Barley this week.
He is replacing Ron Puckett, who will take over as Morgan County Sheriff in January.
Here are some of the new police chief’s credentials:
- Employed at Hartselle PD since 1/1999
- Worked patrol, narcotics, investigations and served as Chief Investigator from June 2005 until May 2017
- MS in Justice and Public Safety from Auburn University in Montgomery.
- Graduate of the FBI National Academy Session 235 (2008)
- Certified Law Enforcement Executive through Jacksonville State University
- Started career at Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office 12/1997
Read more at the Decatur Daily.