Overnight phone call saves two lives - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Overnight phone call saves two lives

HARVEST, AL (WAFF) - Two Madison Co. men are without a home this morning after fire burned their house overnight. It happened on Nick Davis Rd. in the Harvest area around 11:30 Wednesday night.

Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed when they arrived on the scene. It took firefighterse about 30 or 40 minutes to put out the blaze. 

The father of of the men who lived in the home is a retired, disabled volunteer firefighter. He lives in a home right behind the one that caught fire. Crews say the father called his son's phone when he saw the flames. The son woke his roommate, and the two were able to get out of the house safely.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was a kerosene heater.

Powered by Frankly