Promotion Description. This is a watch & win and random drawing promotion. This promotion is sponsored by WAFF 48, 1414 North Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35801 and Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, 6533 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806. The promotion begins on November 10, 2008 at 9am and ends on December 23, 2008 at 7pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Alabama and Tennessee, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFF 48, Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one winner per household will be accepted, and multiple winners will be disqualified.
2. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 6:30pm on November 10, 2008 individuals will watch Wheel of Fortune, Monday - Friday from 6:30PM CST to 7PM CST, on WAFF 48, for the cue to call in. If the individual is the forty -eighth (48) caller, they win* -Or- individuals can go to Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, 6533 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806 and fill out an entry form for a chance to win a check for one hundred dollars ($100) in a weekly drawing. Contest starts November 10, 2008 and runs until 7pm CST on December 23, 2008. *Call in contest will not be held on November 27, 2008 and November 28, 2008. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. All winners will be notified by telephone.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected calls, transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
3. Prize(s). A total of thirty (30) winners will receive one, (1), one hundred dollar ($100) check during the call-in portion of the contest. Twelve (12) winners will receive one, (1), one hundred dollar ($100) check from the random weekly drawings of all eligible entries at Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep. A total of forty-two (42) prizes will be awarded during Landers McLarty Wheels of Good Fortune promotion. Checks will come from Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
4. How the Prizes are Awarded. There are two ways prizes will be awarded.
Individuals must watch Wheel of Fortune on WAFF 48, Monday - Friday at 6:30pm CST for the cue to call in. They must then dial the contest line number, 1-877-220-4848, if they are the forty eighth (48) call answered they win. If caller is disqualified for any reason during the promotion a random caller will receive the prize. If for any reason Wheel of Fortune is pre-empted including but not limited to weather, technical failure or breaking news, the prize will be awarded the next time Wheel of Fortune airs in its entirety. Which means two prizes may be awarded in a single broadcast. If caller is disqualified for any reason during the promotion a random caller will receive the prize. If a winner is disqualified after the promotion, no alternative winner will be selected.
-Or- Individuals may register at Landers McLarty Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, 6533 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806 to be in a weekly drawing of all eligible entries for the week. There will be twelve (12) weekly drawings over 7 weeks' time. Starting November 14, 2008 and ending on December 23, 2008. In order to be eligible for all twelve (12) drawings, a new registration will need to be submitted each week. The drawings will be held at 5pm CST on November 14, 2008, November 21, 2008, November 26, 2008, December 5, 2008, December 12, 2008, December 19, 2008 and December 23, 2008.
Only one winner per household during the promotion will be allowed.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the order of calls received.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within five days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by January 16, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFF 48 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFF 48 if WAFF48 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFF 48, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFF48. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFF 48 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), phone system or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
9. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Wheels of Good Fortune Contest Winners, 1414 North Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35801 or visit the website at WAFF.com.