ACVB OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFF 48, 1414 NORTH MEMORIAL PARKWAY, HUNTSVILLE, AL 35801 AND THE ATLANTA CONVENTION & VISTORS BUREAU (ACVB), 233 PEACHTREE STREET NE, SUITE 400, ATLANTA, GA 30303 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8AM ON MAY 27, 2008 and ends at 12 P ON JUNE 30, 2008. Entries must be received by 11:59AM JUNE 30, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following states: ALABAMA and TENNESSEE who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFF-TV, ATLANTA CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is ONE way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8AM MAY 27, 2008 individuals can log on to www.WAFF.COM and complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by 11:59 AM JUNE 30, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prizes: CULTURE KIDS PRIZE PACKAGE- 11 winners will recive a four (4) ticket package to visit FOUR of the following Atlanta attractions: Atlanta History Center, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta Cyclorama, Center for Puppetry Arts, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, High Museum of Art-Imagine it!, The Children's Museum, Jimmy Carter Museum & Library, Margaret Mitchell House & Museum, Michael C. Carlos Museum, or Zoo Atlanta. The 11 Winners will receive a prize package with instructions to contact Samantha Wallace at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The retail value of each prize pack is $60. CITY LIGHTS/BUCKHEAD NIGHTS- 6 winners will receive a 2 night/weekend for 2 at an Atlanta Hotel (TBD), breakfast/parking, plus a $25 Simon Card, OR Hotel (TBD), breakfast/parking, and a $25 Ultimate Dining card. The 6 winners will receive a prize package with instructions to contact Samantha Wallace at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau. CITY PASS IN ATLANTA PRIZE PACKAGE- 3 winners will recive a four (4) ticket package (2 Adult/ 2 Children) to visit 6 of the following Atlanta attractions: Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Inside CNN Studio Tour, High Museum of Art, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Atlanta History Center, and Zoo Atlanta. The 3 Winners will receive a prize package with instructions to contact Samantha Wallace at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau. MVP PRIZE PACKAGE- 10 winners will a prize pack for a 2 night hotel stay for a family of four plus four (4) tickets to visit one of the following Atlanta attractions: Stone Mountain Park, World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, The Atlanta Braves, or Six Flags over Georgia. The 10 Winners will receive a prize package with instructions to contact Samantha Wallace at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau. The retail value of each prize pack is $650
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. ALL WINNERS WILL BE DRAWN AT RANDOM FROM ALL QUALIFIED ENTRIES. 11 WINNERS FOR THE CULTURE KIDS WILL BE DRAWN ON JUNE 16, 2008. 6 WINNERS FOR THE CITY LIGHTS/BUCKHEAD NIGHTS WILL BE DRAWN ON JUNE 23, 2008. 3 WINNERS FOR THE CITY PASS CONTEST WILL BE DRAWN ON JUNE 23, 2008. 10 WINNERS FOR THE MVP PACKAGE WILL BE DRAWN ON JUNE 30, 2008. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ON CONTEST ENTRY FORM.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by JULY 1, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFF-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFF-TV if WAFF-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFF-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFF-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFF-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFF 1414 NORTH MEMORIAL PARKWAY, HUNTSVILLE, AL 35801 or visit the website at www.waff.com between June 30 and July 31, 2008.