House fire dangerously close to propane tank - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

House fire dangerously close to propane tank

Somerville Volunteer Firefighters could not save a house from destruction overnight, but they did avert a larger disaster just in time.

When firefighters arrived shortly after 9:30 p.m.Wednesday, they saw flames shooting out of the doors and windows at a home on Lockhart Road.

A patch of grass under a propane tank near the home was also on fire.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out before that tank exploded, but the house is destroyed.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly