(WAFF) - The Kitchen Cops have been busy across north Alabama in the last week of May. We have a fresh batch of inspections to tell you about. Before we tell you about the top performers, let's look at some of the problems.
- Cici’s Pizza on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence scored an 80. Inspectors found spoiled vegetables in the kitchen.
- We’re waiting for a final score on Dick Howell’s BBQ Pit in Tuscumbia. We’re told inspectors found chicken and coleslaw being held at the wrong temperature.
- Curtis Restaurant on Highway 43 in Florence scored an 83 after the kitchen cops found chemicals in unmarked spray bottles and food at the wrong temperature.
- Cheddar’s on University Drive scored an 84 because inspectors found food on supposedly clean utensils and plates. There were also cracked containers, backed up sinks and soap missing from other sinks.
- Taco Mama on Providence Main earned an 87 after inspectors noted chicken and beef cooling for too long on prep tables.
- The Asian Cuisine on Highway 72 & 31 in Athens earned an 84 thanks to dirty drink nozzles and ice machines. There were also low temperatures noted on steak and chicken.
Here's a rundown of more scores and inspection notes from this week:
Our top performers this week are in Madison, Morgan, Limestone and Lawrence Counties:
- 95 – Minnie Lee’s Downtown Diner (Decatur)
- 96 - Pizza Roma (Somerville)
- 96 – Pink Pig Food Truck (Moulton)
- 97 – WalMart Deli (Athens)
- 99 – Blue Plate Café (Huntsville
- 99 – Starbucks (University & Memorial Parkway, Huntsville)
Copyright 2018 WAFF. All rights reserved.