HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Officials in Huntsville will be conducting safety checks throughout the weekend to help detect unsafe driving.
Huntsville Police say that failure to buckle up remains a contributing factor in traffic fatalities.
The D.U.I. Task Force will be conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoints in Huntsville beginning Friday, June 1 as part of the "Click-It-Or-Ticket" Campaign.
57 designated hotspots throughout Huntsville were determined using data provided by the North Alabama Safety Office. Checkpoints will be conducted at one or more of those locations.
Some of the hotspot locations include:
- Jordan Lane/Sparkman Drive
- Mastin Lake Road/Lodge Road
- Mastin Lake Road/Pulaski Pike
- Meridian Street/Delaware Boulevard
- Moores Mill Road/Stanwood Boulevard
- Bankhead Parkway/Douglas Lane
- Cecil Ashburn/Old Big Cove Road
- Church Street/Pratt Avenue
- Clinton Avenue/Monroe Street
- Sparkman Drive/Executive Drive
- University Drive/Old Monrovia Road
- University Drive/Research Park Boulevard
- University Drive/Slaughter Road
Those stopped at a Traffic Safety Checkpoint should be prepared to present their driver license, proof of insurance, and vehicle tag registration to police officers.
If you see or suspect someone of drinking and driving, you are asked to contact the Huntsville Police Department at 256-722-7100.
The "Click-It-Or-Ticket" Campaign will be ongoing through June 3.
Copyright 2018 WAFF. All rights reserved.