Fire erupts at former Cherokee restaurant - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Fire erupts at former Cherokee restaurant

A large fire erupted at a former restaurant in Cherokee on March 23, 2017. (Source: Viewer) A large fire erupted at a former restaurant in Cherokee on March 23, 2017. (Source: Viewer)
CHEROKEE, AL (WAFF) -

A former restaurant in Colbert County went up in flames Friday night.

Officials say the fire started inside the Wooden Nickel building at Main Street and 2nd Street in Cherokee just after 7 p.m. It soon fully engulfed the building.

The building was vacant.

No injuries were reported.

Fire crews from Cherokee, Barton, Rivertown Rose, Waterloo and Oakland responded.

The fire was extinguished later Friday night. Crews prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring buildings.

The owner was renovating the former restaurant.

Copyright 2018 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly