Elderly couple die in DeKalb Co. gas leak - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Elderly couple die in DeKalb Co. gas leak

HAMMONDVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

An elderly couple was found deceased in their home just south of Hammondville on Saturday morning. 

They were discovered by their son who had stopped by to see his parents, both said to be in their 80s. 

According to Chief Deputy Michael Edmondson of the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, the son noticed a strong odor of gas inside house. 

Emergency personnel from Fort Payne Fire, Hammondville Fire, DeKalb EMA and the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office were present at the scene. 

The incident remains under investigation. 

Copyright 2017 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly