Family displaced after house fire in Madison - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Family displaced after house fire in Madison

(Source: WAFF Staff) (Source: WAFF Staff)
MADISON, AL (WAFF) -

One family in Madison is without a home after a late night fire on Tuesday.

It started around 11 p.m. at Hammonds Court near Capshaw Road.

Fire officials tell us the fire started when the homeowner lit their fireplace stove for the first time this year.

They say the fire then spread into the attic and the den.

We spoke with a fire official who stresses the importance of fire safety, especially when heating up your home for the first time.

"It's important to do maintenance on your chimneys, maintenance on your fireplaces and make sure that it's clean. Obviously, space heaters are a big concern, you want to make sure it's clear of anything that could potentially catch on fire and burn," said Chief Kris West, Monrovia Fire Department.

We do know two adults and a child were inside at the time. Thankfully no one was hurt. 

Copyright 2017 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly