Burning toilet paper causes house fire in Decatur - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Burning toilet paper causes house fire in Decatur

(Source: Decatur Daily) (Source: Decatur Daily)

Decatur police and fire departments are investigating a house fire on Brandywine Lane Southeast that began Tuesday after someone burned toilet paper hanging in a tree, officials said. 

Decatur Fire Chief Tony Grande said someone ignited toilet paper in effort to remove it from the tree, but the burning toilet paper blew onto the roof of the house at 1240 Brandywine Lane S.E.

It appeared the tree had been "rolled" with toilet paper as a prank, he said. 

“The wind caught the burning toilet paper, it got on the roof and it burned into the house,” he said.

Grande was unsure if a resident of the home or a visiting family member started the fire. 

Read more at Decatur Daily

Copyright 2017 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly