Toddler, mother displaced in Huntsville house fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Toddler, mother displaced in Huntsville house fire

A house in the 2800 block of Beard Street caught fire. (Source: WAFF) A house in the 2800 block of Beard Street caught fire. (Source: WAFF)
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A Huntsville family is displaced after losing their roof to a house fire Wednesday afternoon.

Huntsville Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire in the 2800 block of Beard Street at about 2:30 p.m. A mother and her 3-year-old were home at the time but escaped uninjured.

Firefighters had to smash through parts of the roof and ceiling to battle hot spots. They encountered difficulty because the house had a two roofs stacked on top of each other.

Firefighters said the family will be staying with a neighbor.

Copyright 2016 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly