3 burned in Hartselle house fire after possible gas explosion - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

3 burned in Hartselle house fire after possible gas explosion

HARTSELLE, AL (WAFF) -

Three people have been burned following a Wednesday afternoon house fire in Hartselle.

Crews were called to a home on 1735 Ray Road Southwest.

We are told all of the victims are elderly. Tammy Dempsey, a family member of one of the victims, said the names of those injured are Hardy Ledlow, Ruby Sparkman and Freddie Sparkman.

Ledlow and Ruby Sparkman were flown to UAB, said the family member. Freddie Sparkman was transported by ambulance to an area hospital.

Dempsey said she believes the fire started when Ledlow, her uncle, tried to light a gas heater.

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department is investigating.

Copyright 2016 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Report an Error | Submit a Tip to WAFF 48

Powered by Frankly