(WAFF) - With tax season upon us, it is important to know the best ways to file your taxes.
- File early: Filing your tax returns as soon as possible is the best way to protect yourself.
- File online: You can e-file for free at IRS.gov, or use a number of commercial online sites to file for a small fee.
- File securely: Make sure you file over a secure internet connection. Do not prepare your taxes on public wifi. Always use a password-protected internet connection.
- Request direct deposits of your refund: Avoid getting a paper check in the mail, and get your refund more quickly.
- Stay informed: Go to IRS.gov for updates on fraud scams.