The following are statistics regarding sales of Powerball tickets for the Jan. 9, 2016 drawing, furnished by the Tennessee Lottery:
- Powerball sales for the draw period, Jan. 7-9, were $20.8 million, representing almost 3.3 million tickets purchased.
- Highest hourly sales for the drawing on Saturday occurred between 5-6 p.m. During this hour, TEL sold $1.438 million tickets, averaging $23,967 dollars per minute with an average transaction amount of $6.74.
- Powerball daily sales on Saturday were $12.6 million and represented TEL's largest day for Powerball sales on record.
- During this jackpot cycle, which began November 5, 2014 through January 9, 2016, Retailers have earned $2.8 million in commissions.
- With the current sales trend, TN Lottery officials anticipate sales for Wednesday’s jackpot will be 20-30 times higher than the average draw sales.