Madison City Schools have two different color-codes for on-campus emergencies - red and yellow.
A code yellow is described as an emergency 'lockout.' Procedure is as follows:
1. Bring in any displaced students.
2. Lock classroom doors and windows.
3. Cover the door window if possible.
4. DO NOT leave room if emergency alarms sound (ex: fire alarm)
5. Instruction may continue
6. Students in cafeteria may continue breakfast/lunch
7. Students cannot leave the classroom/lunchroom
8. Principal will announce when school is ALL CLEAR.