Google hires the most qualified individuals from around the world. We don't know in advance how many people we will hire locally, but we make it a priority to hire from within the community whenever possible because it's good for business and the right thing to do.
Applying for a job
Our hiring process at each data center starts with leadership positions requiring a good deal of experience and responsibility. Once we fill these leadership positions, we look for data technicians and other personnel. While we are not currently hiring for positions at this location, please visit our careers site to see what kind of jobs we look for in our data centers.
Here are some examples of the types of employees a data center needs to succeed:
· Data Center Facilities Manager – Responsible for managing the data center facilities. Ideal candidates have experience managing a medium to large data center, or critical infrastructure and an undergraduate degree in an engineering field.
· Data Center Facilities Technician – Responsible for day-to-day operating, monitoring, and supporting the data center. Ideal candidates have an associate's degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field. Experience as a journeyman or mechanical with HVAC or electrical expertise preferred.
· Linux System Administrator – Responsible for configuring system and network parameters, monitoring system stability and performance, and developing tools to monitor and maintain systems. Ideal candidates have multiple years of Linux experience; working knowledge of TCP/IP networking; knowledge of web servers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, and MTAs; programming/scripting ability (e.g., bourne, bash, perl, python, C); and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Data Center Technician – Responsible for installing servers and network gear, maintaining and deploying new servers, and maintaining data center equipment on a day-to-day basis. Ideal candidates have at least two years of PC hardware and troubleshooting experience and at least one year of Linux experience.
· Manager/Director Server Operations – Responsible for managing several teams dedicated to improving our server operations. Ideal candidates have strong management experience in a technical field. A BS in an Applied Science and a MS/PhD is preferred.
Due to the large number of applications we receive daily, we cannot accept resumes that are not for a specific position or location. Also, it may take us several months to follow-up with an applicant, so please be patient.
For information on contract opportunities in fields such as security, landscape and food service, please see the "Contractors and vendors" section below.
Contractors and Vendors
We contract with local vendors whenever possible and will continue to post opportunities here as they arise. While all of our contracting needs are currently met, we're happy to forward any vendor inquiry to the appropriate resource for consideration. If you are vendor or are interested in providing a service to Google, please provide additional information through our supplier interest form.
In addition, we contract with our vendor G4S for security at all our facilities. Frequently, G4S hires regionally for open positions on their website.