BIRMINGHAM, AL (WAFF) - The Alabama High School Athletics Association has announced that Wednesday games will be canceled due to winter storm conditions expected to pass through.
Officials say all Huntsville-area teams that have made it to the area already will be accommodated at the AHSAA's expense.
AHSAA Director Steve Savarese said Tuesday the contingency plan will be to resume game play at 9 a.m. Thursday with 6A games.
Championship games scheduled for Thursday will be moved to Friday.
Adjusted schedules are as follows:
Thursday - BJCC Legacy Arena
- 9am - Homewood v Austin (6a girls semi)
- 10:30 - Homewood vs. Lee-Huntsville (6A boys semi)
- Noon - Shades Valley v Blount (6a girls semi)
- 1:30 - Woodlawn v Carver-Montgomery (6a boys semi)
- 3pm - Hazel Green v Jeff Davis (7a girls semi)
- 4:30 - Hoover v Lee-Montgomery (7a boys semi)
- 6pm - Huntsville v McGill-Toolen (7a girls semi)
- 7:30 - Mountain Brook v Theodore (7a boys semi)
Thursday - Bill Harris Arena
- 3pm - Wenonah v Talladega (5a girls semi)
- 4:30 - Ramsay v Dallas County (5a boys semi)
- 6pm - Anniston v Brewbaker Tech (5a girls semi)
- 7:30 - J.O. Johnson v Faith Academy (5a boys semi)
Friday finals - Legacy Arena
- 8:45am - Keith v. Spring Garde (1a girls)
- 10:30 - Sunshine v Sacred Heart (1a boys)
- 12:15pm - Red Bay v Geneva County (2a girls)
- 2pm - LaFayette v Elba (2a boys)
- 3:45 - Lauderdale County v Pisgah (3a girls)
- 5:30 - Madison Academy v Piedmont (3a boys)
- 7:15 - 4A Girls Finals
- 9pm - 4a Boys Finals
Saturday's schedule remains unchanged.