- Video Gallery
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFF 48, 1414 North Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35801, Wolf Camera & Video, 6290 University Dr NW # J, Huntsville, 35806, and Suite 600, 3022 South Memorial Pkwy., Huntsville, 35801., ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at September 1, 2008 and ends at August 31, 2009. Entries are accepted each week by 5pm CST until 5pm CST August 31, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Alabama and Tennessee, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFF-TV, Wolf Camera and Video and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. Unlimited entries may be submitted. An entrant can only win up to five times during life of the promotion. Only photographs shot in the following counties of Alabama and Tennessee will qualify; Colbert, Alabama; Cullman, Alabama; DeKalb, Alabama, Etowah, Alabama; Franklin, Alabama; Jackson, Alabama; Lauderdale, Alabama; Lawrence, Alabama; Limestone, Alabama; Madison, Alabama; Marion, Alabama; Marshall, Alabama; Morgan, Alabama; Winston, Alabama; Franklin, Tennessee; Giles, Tennessee; Lawrence, Tennessee; Lincoln, Tennessee; Moore, Tennessee; and Wayne, Tennessee.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. 8'' by 10'' photos may be sent in via US postal service to WAFF 48 Attn: Photo Friday Contest. Digital photos are accepted and may be sent to email@example.com. Digital images must be sent as an individual file attachment and the file must have a suffix of .JPG or .TIF. Do not submit .GIF images. Entries should be a minimum of 1440X1440 pixels. If an entry is embedded in an email it will be disqualified. Photo Friday Entry must appear in the subject line. Photographs may not be edited or changed in any manner by a computer or any other device. All entries must include your name, phone number, age, address, names of people in the photo, location including county of where the photo was taken and the date. Each entrant represents that he/she took the photograph submitted and that he/she is the sole owner of such photograph. Each entrant also represents that he/she has obtained the permission of any individuals in such photograph for submission in this promotion and for the publication of the photograph in accordance with these promotion rules. All entries must have acknowledgement of ownership of the photograph, as well as that the entrant has obtained the consent of any individuals in the photograph as represented in the foregoing sentence. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). Weekly winner's photographs will be shown on WAFF 48 News Today Morning Show. In case of severe weather, news preemption or breaking news, that week's winner will be announced the following Friday. Weekly winners receive fifty Wolf Camera DigiPrints, one 8"by 10" Wolf Camera enlargement, admission to Wolf Camera Photo School and a one-year Wolf Camera Membership Card. Prize value $315.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Weekly winner's photographs will be shown on WAFF 48 News Today Morning Show. A panel of judges will review all photographs. Photos will be judged on pictorial composition, originality, interest of subject matter, appropriate seasonal relevance, uniqueness of locale, visual appeal. The decision of the judges will be final.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and photo quality.
Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners also must sign an acknowledgement of ownership. Winners are required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize 30 days after the prize is announced or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFF-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFF-TV if WAFF-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFF-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFF-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFF-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFF 48 attn: Photo Friday Promotion 1414 North Memorial Parkway Huntsville, Alabama 35801 or click here.