Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire

(Source: Facebook User) (Source: Facebook User)
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) -

The family of Gil Collar, the University of South Alabama student who was shot and killed on campus in October of 2012, are picking up the pieces after losing their home in a house fire.

According to friends and family of the Collar's, the fire occurred Saturday night at the family's longtime home in the Redland Community. Around 10:30 p.m. the Redland Volunteer Fire Department were called to the scene of the fire. They were assisted by the Emerald Mountain Volunteer Fire Department. The departments worked until 3:30 a.m. to put out the fire.

Family members say the home as well as both of the families vehicles were lost in the fire. Bonnie Collar, who was at home at the time of the fire, suffered burns.

A Go Fund Me account has been set up to help the family recover and replace possessions lost in the fire.

WSFA 12 News will bring you the latest information about this incident on-air and online.

Copyright 2014 WSFA 12 News.  All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly