My Take - Back to School Immunizations - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

My Take - Back to School Immunizations

My Take - Back to School Immunizations

School is in session. You may have shopped for everything from crayons to computers. But are your children ready for school when it comes to their immunizations? Each Alabama child must have a valid Alabama Certificate of Immunization on file at the facility that they attend, whether they are enrolled in daycare, Head Start, public or private school. The certificate may be obtained from the physician or clinic that administers the vaccine, or may be completed by any county health department in the State if the parent presents a vaccine record from the provider. For students who are moving to Alabama, out-of-state vaccine records must be transferred to the Alabama Certificate of Immunization prior to school entry. Many communities including the Madison County health department are holding immunization clinics this week for all school age children. The types of immunizations required vary depending on the age of your child.

I'm Vanessa Oubre that's "My Take" what's yours?If you'd like to respond to this editorial email Please include your name and the name of your town in your response.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.