A main break sent water rushing in an area along Hurricane Road Saturday night.
(WMC) – A Memphis woman, forced out of her home by a fire, is talking about the frantic moment she rushed out to get her neighbors to safety.
"I woke up & my bedroom wall was on fire. The smoke and the fire I guess woke me up," Kimberly Wallace said. "Basically I ran out the door and started getting everyone out of their apartments."
Her apartment caught fire in the 1600 block of Monroe Avenue in Midtown around just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Wallace says she lost everything.
Investigators believe the fire could be the result of an electrical malfunction.
The Red Cross is providing help for Wallace.
Get the latest from WMC Action News 5 anytime: iPhone | iPad | Android | SMS Alerts | Email Alerts | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Copyright 2014 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.
1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations
FCC Public File