HARVEST, AL (WAFF) - Emergency crews were called to the scene of a structure fire in Harvest Wednesday night.
It happened around 9:15 p.m. at a building on the 200 Salvia Court. Toney Fire & Rescue said they acted as mutual aid along with Monrovia Fire to assist Harvest Fire crews with the blaze.
Officials said it appears the fire started in an addition of the house. The homeowner believes it was started by a candle.
The homeowner said she was asleep and her dog kept scratching at her door to wake her up.
The woman made it out without injury; the dog did not survive.
Fire officials said it took about an hour to put out the flames. The home is a total loss.