Dog dies after alerting homeowner to fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Dog dies after alerting homeowner to fire

Posted: Updated:
Crews were called to the scene of a structure fire on the 200 block of Salvia Court Wednesday night. Crews were called to the scene of a structure fire on the 200 block of Salvia Court Wednesday night.
HARVEST, AL (WAFF) -

Emergency crews were called to the scene of a structure fire in Harvest Wednesday night.

It happened around 9:15 p.m. at a building on the 200 Salvia Court. Toney Fire & Rescue said they acted as mutual aid along with Monrovia Fire to assist Harvest Fire crews with the blaze.

Officials said it appears the fire started in an addition of the house. The homeowner believes it was started by a candle.

The homeowner said she was asleep and her dog kept scratching at her door to wake her up.

The woman made it out without injury; the dog did not survive.

Fire officials said it took about an hour to put out the flames. The home is a total loss.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.