Fire caused by dryer destroys mobile home in Athens - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Fire caused by dryer destroys mobile home in Athens

Posted: Updated:
Clements Fire Chief Jesse Ranger responded to the scene and said the fire sparked from electrical issues with the home's dryer. Clements Fire Chief Jesse Ranger responded to the scene and said the fire sparked from electrical issues with the home's dryer.
ATHENS, AL (WAFF) -

A fired destroyed a Limestone County home, and the dryer was to blame. It happened at a mobile home on Nancy Lane in Athens.

The next door neighbor saw the home go up in flames. He saw smoke coming from the roof and the bottom of the mobile home. He said an elderly woman lived there, but she got out okay.

Another neighbor said the woman came running to her house to call 911 because she had lost her phone. She said the elderly woman was distraught over losing so many memories to the fire.

Clements Fire Chief Jesse Ranger responded to the scene and said the fire sparked from electrical issues with the home's dryer.

According to the neighbors, the woman has family in Athens and will stay with them until she gets back on her feet.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.