Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home

Source:TFD Source:TFD
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • KOLD INVESTIGATES: Hospital in jeopardy

    KOLD INVESTIGATES: Hospital in jeopardy

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:41 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:41:10 GMT
    Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)
    Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)

    One Tucson hospital stands out in Arizona for its violations. Our investigative team logged and analyzed piles of data from the state department of health services to find out who's to blame and what's being done.

    More >>

    One Tucson hospital stands out in Arizona for its violations. Our investigative team logged and analyzed piles of data from the state department of health services to find out who's to blame and what's being done.

    More >>
  • DCS: Toddler died after taking morphine

    DCS: Toddler died after taking morphine

    Thursday, May 24 2018 4:46 PM EDT2018-05-24 20:46:39 GMT
    Ariel Horn. (Source: Westlawn Chapel Mortuary)Ariel Horn. (Source: Westlawn Chapel Mortuary)

    A Cochise County toddler died May 4 after taking a morphine pill she found on the floor, according to the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

    More >>

    A Cochise County toddler died May 4 after taking a morphine pill she found on the floor, according to the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

    More >>
  • New X-rated Snapchat channel from Cosmo has parents concerned

    New X-rated Snapchat channel from Cosmo has parents concerned

    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:48 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:48:29 GMT
    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic. (WXIX)The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic. (WXIX)

    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic.

    More >>

    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic.

    More >>
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family of five is out of their home this morning after a late night kitchen fire.

The Tucson Fire Department was called out to an apartment in the 7400 block of East 22nd Street around 9:24 Tuesday night. When they arrived, they found out a neighbor with a fire extinguisher was able to put out the fire.

It all started when the mother made dinner for the family. One of the children asked for more, but then changed his mind. His mother forgot to turn the stove off. The oil ignited and started a fire on the stove top and it extended to the cabinets.

The mother and children found the fire and ran to a neighbor's apartment for help. That's when the neighbor used the fire extinguisher to put out the flames.
No one was hurt. The family is going to stay with relatives.

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly