Incense confirmed as cause of apartment fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Incense confirmed as cause of apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
16 people had been displaced after an apartment fire last week. 16 people had been displaced after an apartment fire last week.
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Mental health facility changes name to combat stigma

    Mental health facility changes name to combat stigma

    Thursday, August 28 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-08-29 03:25:50 GMT
    The Mental Health Center of Madison County is hoping to help more people who need it by changing its own name. The center's leaders say they're afraid stigma attached to mental health care is scaring people away.More >>
    The Mental Health Center of Madison County is hoping to help more people who need it by changing its own name. The center's leaders say they're afraid stigma attached to mental health care is scaring people away.More >>
  • Sears employee hit in head attempting to stop shoplifter

    Sears employee hit in head attempting to stop shoplifter

    Thursday, August 28 2014 10:55 PM EDT2014-08-29 02:55:12 GMT
    A shoplifting attempt became a strong-arm robbery Thursday night, when police said the thief hit a Sears employee in the head.More >>
    A shoplifting attempt became a strong-arm robbery Thursday night, when police said the thief hit a Sears employee in the head.More >>
  • Safety programs effective in curbing DUI, say officials

    Safety programs effective in curbing DUI, say officials

    Thursday, August 28 2014 10:20 PM EDT2014-08-29 02:20:09 GMT
    Safety officials say slogans like "Click it or Ticket" and "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over," and their respective law enforcement programs, are helping save lives.More >>
    Safety officials say slogans like "Click it or Ticket" and "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over," and their respective law enforcement programs, are helping save lives.More >>
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

Investigators confirmed Tuesday that a fire at a Huntsville apartment complex was caused by incense.

The fire broke out last Tuesday at Westbrooke Apartments on Bob Wallace Avenue. Firefighters arrived to find smoke pouring out of a second-story window.

One unit sustained heavy fire damage. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. 16 people were said to have been displaced.

A woman at the scene had told investigators a burning incense stick had caught bedding on fire.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.