Nick Honea, son of Albertville mayor, dies - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Nick Honea, son of Albertville mayor, dies

Posted: Updated:
Nick Honea died from overexposure to carbon monoxide while pressure washing a garage. Nick Honea died from overexposure to carbon monoxide while pressure washing a garage.
Nick Honea was 27. (Source: Facebook) Nick Honea was 27. (Source: Facebook)
ALBERTVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

Nick Honea, son of the mayor of Albertville, died from an apparent accidental overexposure to carbon monoxide on Thursday morning.

The 27-year-old was pressure washing a friend's garage at a house on Martling Road when he was overcome by carbon monoxide. 

Honea had the garage doors down and a side door open, but it wasn't enough to ventilate the room.

Honea died between 2-3 a.m. and was found by the homeowner around 11 a.m.

The coroner has ruled the death accidental.

Nick Honea had a brush with fame on cable television; he was a contestant during the second season of the CMT reality competition series "Redneck Island" and was among the seven final contestants. His contestant profile described Nick as a "classic example of someone who puts everything out there for the world to see."

"His love of life is completely infectious," it went on to say.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.