Child taken to hospital after duplex fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Child taken to hospital after duplex fire

Posted: Updated:
The back of the duplex sustained the most damage. The back of the duplex sustained the most damage.
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A child was taken to the hospital late Sunday night following a fire at a Huntsville duplex.

The fire started around 11:15 p.m. Sunday on the 3000 block of 7th Avenue. Firefighters said they saw flames shooting through the roof when they arrived.

Five people were displaced in the fire. The child was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

Firefighters said they were able to get the fire under control within minutes after arriving. According to officials, the fire likely originated from the fireplace. 

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.