Unoccupied home damaged by fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Unoccupied home damaged by fire

The home was a total loss. The home was a total loss.
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

An unoccupied home in Huntsville was damaged by a fire overnight.

Huntsville firefighters responded to the house, which is located on Lytle Street off of Alta Vista Avenue, Sunday morning. Flames destroyed the home, leaving only a few walls standing.

The house was unoccupied at the time, and the house had been undergoing renovations over the past six weeks. The homeowner said the fire must have started last night.

The cause of the fire has not been confirmed yet. No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly